Monday, October 14, 2013

Using A Feed Reader

After using a feed reader (feedly to be exact, because Google Reader has been discontinued), I can't say that I'm a big fan.  Though having a single source from where to check all of your websites for new content may be convenient, I found myself still visiting the websites themselves to read the content.  In addition, I already have many "website updates" in the form of email messages, and many of the websites I regularly visit don't have an RSS feed.  This in mind, going to check Feedly was a bit redundant.

PROS:
1.  Can be used as a single source to check for website updates without having to visit all of the websites themselves.

2.  Allows you to sort your web interests and feeds so that you can manage your interests and check for updates at a glance.

CONS:
1.  Can be a bit redundant given the many e-mail subscription services already available.

2.  Does not provide a "rich" website experience due to the removal of formatting.

Some of my subscribed feeds are shown below:

No comments:

Post a Comment